400g boneless chicken thighs 2 medium onions
2 large garlic cloves Fresh ginger
Curry mix 1tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne 400g tomatoes
2 red peppers 200g zucchini
1 bunch fresh coriander 30g cashews
125ml plain yogurt
From the store cupboard
2 tbsp. olive oil 2 tbsp.butter
2 tsp. salt Sea salt and Black Pepper
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cooking Time: 45 Minutes LOD: Medium
1. Prepare the Veg and Chicken. Finely chop the onions, mince the garlic and ginger, and dice the tomatoes. De-seed and chop the peppers into thin strips. Cut the zucchini into discs on the diagonal using a crinkle mandolin slicer. Place a skillet on high heat on the hob with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Nestle the chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, occasionally rearranging the chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
2. Make the Curry Base. Heat the butter in a 5- to 6-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat, then cook the onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the curry mix, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3. Add the Chicken and Simmer. Add the chicken thighs, and peppers and cook, stirring to coat. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Add the Cashews and Yoghurt. Pulse the cashews in a food processor or electric coffee/spice grinder until very finely ground, then add to the curry along with the zucchini and yogurt and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish and Serve. Place the curry in two bowls and using scissors chop over the coriander leaves for garnish and added flavour. Tuck in!